SBP Americorps Supply & Logistics (In-Office) Coordinator
Salary: $1,263/mth; $150/mth housing stipend; $5,815 award
Posted on: 01/11/2018
Contact: Maria Hillman
Come help us be part of rebuilding Houston after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey! Visit the Rebuilding Together Houston (RTH) website to see more about how RTH's programs to rebuild the homes of the low-income elderly, veterans or disabled at no cost to them.
This position serves as the key coordinator for the "Home After Harvey" construction team in areas of permitting, inspections, grant compliance and tracking, and
general construction office coordination.
- Obtain building permits as required.
- Schedule inspections.
- Learn, initiate, and track certain grant specific construction administration procedures.
- Order all assessments, and site services
- Identify potential new subcontractors for Project Manager approval.
- Build and maintain subcontractor folders on drive, collect proper sub documentation
- Attend walkthroughs with Project Managers and subcontractors, obtain estimates
- Order and process utilities and special orders for sites; i.e. dumpsters, drywall, etc.
- Ensure all electronic construction files, grant charts, excel tracking documents, and white boards are maintained.
- Code and process all construction-related invoices weekly.
- Track inventory of tools and materials between warehouse and site.
- Track and record credit card purchases monthly.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Interact effectively and positively with other team members.
- Participate in September 11th Day of Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service events.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively.
- Assist other departments in major projects as needed as it relates directly to the AmeriCorps Program
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Experience/ Interest in developing project management skills
- Willingness/ enthusiasm to receive constructive feedback from your manager and peers
- Positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- High regard for safety
- Valid and current Driver's license
- Strong passion for the work of RTH and SBP
Learn more about the SBP Americorp Internship and additional benefits, visit http://sbpusa.org/get-involved/americorps
Education: High School/GED
Yrs Experience: 0-1
Apply at: email@example.com