SBP Americorps Supply & Logistics Coordinator
Salary: $1,263/mth; $150/mth housing stipend; $5,815 award
Posted on: 01/11/2018
Contact: Maria Hillman
Come help us be part of rebuilding Houston after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey! Visit the Rebuilding Together Houston (RTH) website to see more about how RTH's programs to rebuild the homes of the low-income elderly, veterans or disabled at no cost to them.
The Supply & Logistics Coordinator serves as the backbone of RTH's "Home After Harvey" program, providing disaster-impacted sites with the necessary tools and materials on time and accurately. Responsibilities include efficiently procuring materials, preparing and delivering orders, and scheduling pick-ups for each job site with a keen focus on accuracy. Position works closely with vendors to procure necessary materials and track weekly inventory of these materials.
- Effectively schedule prompt and accurate deliveries of supplies so that trade teams, Project Managers and Site Supervisors have what they need to complete each project on time and on schedule.
- Perform internal accounting to maintain tools and track their location.
- Schedule and conduct deliveries and other tasks to ensure optimal efficiency throughout each day and week.
- Create innovative solutions for facility design, scheduling and logistics of supply deliveries etc., relevant to warehouse operations.
- Participate in September 11th Day of Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service events.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older
- Willingness to drive large company vehicles such as trucks and vans.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and perform physical labor.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willingness /enthusiasm to receive constructive feedback from your manager and peers
- Ability to take initiative and be self-motivated
- High regard for safety
Learn more about the SBP Americorp Internship and additional benefits, visit http://sbpusa.org/get-involved/americorps
Education: High School/GED
Yrs Experience: 0-1
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org