SBP Americorps Project Lead
Salary: $1,263/mth; $150/mth housing stipend; $5,815 award
Posted on: 01/11/2018
Contact: Maria Hillman
Come help us be part of rebuilding Houston after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey! Visit the Rebuilding Together Houston (RTH) website to see more about how RTH's programs to rebuild the homes of the low-income elderly, veterans or disabled at no cost to them.
Project Leads implement the construction efforts on our homeowners' homes and oversee groups of skilled and unskilled volunteers in rebuilding projects. All Project Leads are supported by a Project Managers and are also provided with construction and volunteer management training curriculum that equips them with the knowledge to facilitate construction projects ranging from demolition to final paint and prime. Applicants for this position do not need any prior construction experience.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized project site.
- Ensure that each phase of construction is being completed on schedule.
- Ensure that construction projects are completed in the highest quality possible.
- Conduct on site orientations for volunteer groups.
- Clearly communicate the homeowner's story to volunteers.
- Educate volunteers on the area, the effects of the storm, and the history and work of the RTH.
- Communicate daily and weekly goals to volunteers.
- Provide effective training and constructive feedback to volunteers.
- Serve as a liaison between the homeowner and volunteers.
- Interact effectively and positively with other team members.
Learn more about the SBP Americorp Internship and additional benefits, visit http://sbpusa.org/get-involved/americorps
Education: High School/GED
Yrs Experience: 0-1
Apply at: email@example.com