SBP Americorps Client Service Coordinator
Salary: $1,263/mth; $150/mth housing stipend; $5,815 award
Posted on: 01/11/2018
Contact: Maria Hillman
Come help us be part of rebuilding Houston after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey! Visit the Rebuilding Together Houston (RTH) website to see more about how RTH's programs to rebuild the homes of the low-income elderly, veterans or disabled at no cost to them.
The position of a Client Services Coordinator serves as an advocate and liaison to our "Home After Harvey" homeowners from application to completion of construction and move-in while working to remove barriers to their recovery.
- Move each of your 30-40 homeowners closer to moving into their rehabilitated homes.Interview prospective homeowners and work with them to complete an application for assistance.
- Present prospective homeowners cases to Homeowner Intake Specialist for acceptance into Rebuilding Together Houston's programs.
- Assist homeowners in completing applications to utilize available funding programs earmarked for the recovery needs of disaster-impacted individuals in the local community and assist the homeowner in navigating these programs throughout the rebuilding process.
- Research and refer homeowners who are in need of housing, food, or other needs to appropriate services.
- Act as a reliable point of contact for the homeowners throughout the rebuilding process; ensuring the homeowner understands where they are located in the program pipeline at all times.
- Track homeowner progress and report weekly to "Home After Harvey" Senior Manager on progress.
- Input homeowner data and upload documents into database (SalesForce); update case notes daily.
- Expedite homeowner's path to completion of construction.
- Advocate for the homeowner both to outside organizations and internally within RTH.
- Participate in September 11th Day of Remembrance and Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service events.
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience/comfort with public speaking
- Strong organizational skills and ability to delegate tasks effectively
Learn more about the SBP Americorp Internship and additional benefits, visit http://sbpusa.org/get-involved/americorps
Education: High School/GED
Yrs Experience: 0-1
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org