The Grants Administrator is responsible for working with Rebuilding Together Houston staff and community partners to implement application processes, deadlines, reporting and other system improvements to ensure consistent and accurate grants processing. The Grant Administrator works with the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Advancement and members of program teams to ensure the smooth functioning of the applications, review, reporting and monitoring processes essential to RTH operations. Acts as a liaison between RTH and the public, and provides professional customer service to internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties: -Meets regularly with the Chief Operations Officer, Director of Advancement and program team to review needs and priorities.
- Maintains, streamlines and continuously improves Salesforce database and other technology functionality; online sites for application, review and grants reporting; and grants management processes.
- Generates grant agreements, schedules and implements reporting requirements and payments for new grants.
- Self-directs, problem-solves and finds the information needed to perform daily and evolving functions.
- Assures compliance with IRS and RTH-specific regulations for assigned grants.
- Creates and maintains grant records that meet legal, auditing and foundation requirements.
- Reviews budget and expenditure reports for completeness.
- Generates reports, responses to inquiries and grants histories as requested.
- 3 to 5 years work experience with nonprofit administration, grant writing, or fundraising.
- Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
- Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner. Ability to speak a second language is preferred.
- Experience and demonstrable skills with Salesforce or equivalent grants management software.
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and multiple internet browsers required.
- Experience with Google Works and social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, etc...)
Education: Bachelors Degree
Yrs Experience: 3-5
Salary Range: $39-$55,000
Please send resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org