Founded in 1982, Rebuilding Together Houston (RTH) is a community revitalization not-for-profit organization focused on repairing affordable, single-family housing in Houston and Harris County. RTH aims to create safe and healthy housing at no cost for low-income homeowners. RTH serves senior citizens, U.S. military veterans, and people with disabilities, using a combination of contractors and volunteers. Over its 36 year history, RTH has delivered more than $120 million dollars in home repair services to 12,300 families utilizing 22,000 individual projects in six different programs. In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, RTH has added a new program Home After Harvey, which rebuilds the homes of low income homeowners impacted by the storm. RTH has long been the largest affiliate in a 135 national affiliate network.
The RTH Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position which reports to the Director of Development. The coordinator ensures timely processing of gifts, acknowledgements, maintains grant files and supports grant reporting and tracking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage donor database, tracking donor contributions, ensuring accurate inputs, and generating statistical reports.
- Assist with the development and implementation of fundraising campaigns and calendars.
- Assist with donor relationship management and retention strategy, coordinating communication efforts.
- Coordinate and/or prepare donor acknowledgement letters and mailings.
- Assist in cultivation and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
- Provide logistical support for development events, donor and volunteer appreciation functions, and board and committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-5 years of related work experience.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated event management experience.
- The ability to provide a high level of professional service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. The ability to handle challenging situations diplomatically and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, act with discretion, and maintain a high level of performance under pressure.
- The ability to work without supervision and to organize, prioritize, and successfully execute multiple concurrent tasks; to anticipate needs and act accordingly, and to perform with a high degree of initiative.
- Consistently demonstrate superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products and Google Suite.
- Experience with CRM software, e.g., Salesforce, Razors Edge
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range of $32,000-$40,000, depending upon skills and relevant experience
- An additional salary add of $6,000/year to compensate for lack of health insurance
- Dental and life insurance benefit
- 12 holidays annually
- One week of paid vacation after the first 6 months of employment (two weeks total per year)
For more information about RTH, please visit our website: www.rebuildinghouston.org
Submit a cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com